Saturday, August 17, 2013

Five for Friday - 17th Aug 13

The blogging world has been super busy this week. My real world has been super busy and when they collide it is a rewarding 'busy'.

Just a reminder that I am participating in the B2S sale (graphic from 3am Teacher)

 
 
So being the end of the week - I have joined up with Doodle Bugs for 'Five for Friday'
 
So here are my five randoms from the week that was......
 
Number 1 - our whole teaching staff were given a mini iPad to use. Even though I have an iPad I was so excited to get my present. I will be able to do so many more things in my classroom. We have  33 teaching staff and this is an amazing gesture of recognition and support of/for our teaching our learning initiatives. Stay tuned and over the next few weeks I will share with you how I use my iPad and my new mini iPad.
 

Number 2 - Our Hairy Harry's are growing - this one has a bald spot. We are keeping a diary while they are growing - you can get my diary by clicking here for just the Hairy Harry diary - or get it in my Plants, Seeds and Stuff pack (which is better value) as it has a whole heap of additional plant resources in it.
 
We put them outside yesterday and then we had huge winds in Ballarat and they blew away and we have sadly lost some. Oh dear - that will be tricky when we do our diary this coming week.
 
Don't you just love the way this child has spelt bald - balled?
 
 
Number 3 - More animals - Oh boy! We went to our local Wildlife Park and saw lots of our lovely Aussie animals. Watch our for my post on this one - there will be a cute koala video as well. We took tallies of the animals we saw and then graphed them back at school.
These two cuties are playing and trying to get the stick from one mouth to the other.

 
Number 4 - Last weekend we were in Melbourne at the Skydeck - the views were amazing


Number 5 - We read "Bears in the night' and used stuff from around the room to show were the bear went for a 3D map and then we made a 2D map from it.
 

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy the iPad.
    The trip to the Wildlife Park sounds like a lot of fun!

    Have a great weekend!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary - I am setting up the ipad and having fun
      Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

      Delete
  2. Hello Paula. I'm visiting because you visited my blog lightscamerateach.blogspot.com. How lucky you are to get mini ipads!!! I would really want more technology in my classroom. We have 2 computers and that's it. I just wanted to stop by and check out your blog. SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog - so thanks for dropping by. We are lucky, I also have 5 netbooks and two old ipods that were my own kids (they have outgrown them and updated)
      Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

      Delete
  3. My first ever school excursion was to the Ballarat Wildlife Park! Memories. One of the girls in my class dropped her badge into the Tassie Devils pit and they ate it- funny the things you remember. Last time I went was about 10 years ago while taking Preps on excursion and the place hadn't changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The place still is fairly much the same - they are building a new crocodile shed, taken away the dangerous playground and have a place to eat and drink.
      Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...