Saturday, August 10, 2013

Five for Friday - 9th August

Here are my Five for Friday randoms in my link up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs.
Number One - has been our lovely Japanese exchange student who is visiting us. Sadly she goes home on Sunday and we will miss her greatly. We have had a formal thank you from the school and tomorrow we will go shopping in Melbourne and do some sight seeing. The girls have found it funny that my daughter is good friends with another host student and that her mother and I have known each other for 20+ years.


Number Two - we have been enjoying the topic of location and have built some great 3D maps. See my post from Thursday - Location, location, location.

Number Three - My dad has had a knee replacement this week and my thoughts have been with my family - who are about 2000km away. I have also had my brother and family make a visit and it makes me realise how important family is.


Number Four - On Monday we had staff from about 6 different schools come to see us and our Daily 5 and Café in action. This is great for our staff, as it validates what we do and how we do things. We have some amazing learning opportunities in our school and I was very fortunate to work with these visitors and have discussions with them. Our staff and students are doing great things.

Number Five - I have been putting the finishing touches on some stuff and been a bit busy - here is a glimpse.....all are in my TPT store






4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that you do Daily 5/Cafe in Australia! It's great that people came to observe as well. It's nice to be recognize for your hard work! Enjoy your weekend! Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Daily 5 - our results are amazing
      Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

      Delete
  2. I am excited to know that you do Daily Five. A colleague and I are just looking into setting it up at our school. We have had learning centres for about 10 years and have loved the impact of these. Reading so much about Daily Five we have decided this looks like the best way to move forward. We are in NSW so I would love to learn more about what and how you do it. BTW ...family is important. :-)
    Julie :-)
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so love Daily 5 - I will try to schedule some posts. But I am also happy to have you email me pjshaw2@gmail.com
      Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...