Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sunday night...peek @ my week and maths

It is Sunday night and as I try to get my stuff organised so that Monday morning goes smoothly I have two link ups I want to be a part of before I can shut my computer down.
 
First is a game to join iSURF on Sunday and sharing a game that I love - my kids have loved and you may love!
Melonheadz

This game is very simple - to consolidate 'friends of ten' have two children sitting face to face.
One child shows a number of fingers ie 4 and their partner has to show 6.
It is a really quick way to check that they understand what make ten and even more it shows how they count. Do they know 4 or need to count 4 starting from 1?
Do they look to see how many fingers are down or do they know their friends of ten?
 
Next is a peek at my week linky with Mrs Laffin
 
 
So what is on for me this week?
 
I have been working hard to put together an editable planner for reading and writing. I posted about my own planning last week and had so many requests for it. So this is what it looks like.....because this has been such a labour of love - I intend to work less at home this week (for those who know me - this will be hard)
 
We are off to the dentist this week.
Concert practise and only a week and two days to go until the actual performance - but who is counting?
School Council on Wednesday night - where I will sharing how we are going with Daily 5/Café and our data walls.
Also our top writers will be tying stories and preparing book reviews - it is odd seeing our 5 year olds doing this but this group are reading one - two years above their age.
 
I have also started a Storybook Saturday linkup so I am lookin forward to seeing who links up and what their fav books are
 

6 comments:

  1. What a busy week ahead for you! Why do I always leave all my work until a Sunday night???? I have done enough now - ready to start another week!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done enough too! Early night for me.

      Delete
  2. Your new planner product looks amazing!

    Thanks for linking up Paula! I wish you a great week!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your linky. Makes me put my week into some sort of order.

      Delete
  3. Found you on Five for Friday. Following! Smiles, Jayne
    Smart Kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by - off to check out your blog
      Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...