Saturday, October 19, 2013

Storybook Saturday - 19th Oct


Welcome to Storybook Saturday. Each Saturday, link up with me to share a story book or books you have read or are about to read.

My book choices this week are all about Kwanzaa.
I did some research about this event as we have some families who celebrate this as part of their culture and I wanted to acknowledge it too.
It starts late December and goes for a whole week.



 These books are great for sharing with other communities.
They outline the importance of this time and the significance of the food, craft, rituals and candles.

'Kwanzaa Kids' the children light candles on the kinara and celebrate on Granny's market stand, making gifts and playing games then finishing with a feast.
'Seven Spools of Thread' has great artwork and gives you an understanding of the seven principles of Kwanzaa.
'My First Kwanzaa Book' is told from a the young boy's perspective and shows the importance of family.
"My First Kwanzaa' is a simple book, but a great way for young children to get involved.

I have also completed a unit on it if you wanted to check that out. 



There are not many rules but please abide by them

Post about the storybook you have read or are about to read.
Add the above graphic with a direct link back to Paula's Place
Link up by adding your post link to the link up below
You may choose one book or a few books.
Here are my books for this week.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...