Friday, November 8, 2013

Five for Friday - 8th Nov




Boy oh boy - how did we get to here already!

Here are my five randoms for this week

For my regular blog readers - you know I am on leave for two weeks to support my son who is going through major exams. He is halfway there and currently out with mates. 
This is a tough time - he has been studying all things related to Chinese and French Revolutions and has completed the exam and will never need to use this information again. 
But quite philosophically says - well that's how it is to get to where he wants to be.


So between making sure he is fed and watered and doing all things that I can't manage when at work - like keeping up with washing, cooking better meals and grocery shopping, I have been able to find time to work on and finish some unfinished work for Paula's Place and iSURF(c)

     

    


These are in my stores if you would like to check them out



This is a bit naughty of me - but sometimes this is true!



We are trying to re assess our "Listening to Reading' resources and this has been tricky. I love Oxford Owl but cannot get it on more then five devices - grrrr

Trying to organise my "Word Work" stuff. When I go back to work I will take a photo of my new 12 drawer unit that is perfect for the M100W. 

Have another great week everyone

9 comments:

  1. Hahahah I love number 3.... I'm getting better and better at it. Although my principal did say to me the other day when we were talking "you don't suffer fools very well do you... don't worry that's not a bad thing" hahha! Maybe I'm not as good at faking it as I think ;)

    I hope your son does well!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was reading your blog when you left a comment this morning. I hope the rest of your recovery goes well. Glad to hear you are adjusting your work life so you can get better.
      I have had to really work on that understanding of all points of view and keeping a poker face!
      Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

      Delete
  2. Paula you are a naughty, naughty girl. ;) I feel your pain. It's great you are able to take tome off to help your son. I haven't heard of Oxford Owl. I will have to check it out.
    :) Shelley
    The Perks of Teaching Primary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you have to break out. Let me know what you think about Oxford Owl
      Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

      Delete
  3. Oh Paula, good luck to your son! I have to tell you that your number 3 MADEMY DAY!!! :) HA! Love it- and totally get it! Happy Weekend!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your son does well on all his exams. I love the e-card - too funny! Thanks for sharing.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie for your thoughts about our son.The e-card was funny
      Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

      Delete
  5. I hope your week at home is going well so far. I stand by my comment every time I check your blog - you are so quick at putting out resources! I have way too many started at the moment!

    Good luck to your son, what would he like to get into? Also, have you tried using a splitter for Listen to Reading? We use one iPad with a splitter and 5 sets of headphones connected at a time…. this helps us!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...