Sunday, December 15, 2013

Storybook Saturday - 14th Dec


Sorry - I am a day late. The end of our school year is a week away and getting ready for Christmas is all consuming. 

Welcome to Storybook Saturday.
Each Saturday, link up with me to share a story book you have read or are about to read this week.

There are not many rules but please abide by them

Post about the storybook you have read or are about to read
Add the above graphic with a direct link back to Paula's Place
Link up by adding your post link to the link up below

You may choose one book or a few books.
Here is my book for this week.

"My Merry Christmas" - Rosie Smith and Bruce Whatley


The book is well illustrated.
It outlines what we do at Christmas and is backed up by very simple text.
It is great for getting kids to list what happens at Christmas time as a simple procedure.
You can use it to focus on verbs - choose, decorate, gather, make, wrap, hang, sing and share.

Use it as a mentor text to list what happen when you wrap a present, when you make dinner, set the table or write a card.

You will love this book.

Now your turn to link up...





7 comments:

  1. Hi Paula,

    I saw this book this week and was so tempted to buy it - you have convinced me! :)

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren you will enjoy it - a very simple text

      Delete
  2. You are so good posting with your final week looming. We finished last Friday and wow what a big finish. Thinking of you as you finish up!
    Julie :-)
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great break Julie. We have five days to go - I think I can, I think I can...

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula. Have a great last week of school! Will you still be doing your link-up while you're on vacation? Time for me to go out and shovel more snow - it's amazing that summer where you live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try and schedule the posts. I will be away for two weeks in Fiji.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...