Monday, January 27, 2014

Storybook Sunday - 26th January 2014


This is a new look link up and I have moved it from Saturday to Sunday.

Welcome to Storybook Sunday.
Each Sunday, link up with me to share a story book you have read or are about to read this week.
This is about love of books and sharing something you love with the intent of focusing on great books. All kids from K-6 need a great picture book read to them regularly. 

There are not many rules but please abide by them

Post about the storybook you have read or are about to read.
Add the above graphic with a direct link back to Paula's Place
Link up by adding your post link to the link up below

You may choose one book or a few books.

Here is my book for this week.

January 26th is Australia Day and this book is a perfect read for this week.

Possum Magic - a Mem Fox delight!

This book has a lovely little possum who in an effort to be seen has to travel to each state and eat some Aussie food as a remedy. 

It is funny, cute and full of gorgeous pictures and talking Australian animals. 

As you read this text - follow along using a map and looking at cities and which states they are in. 

It is great for talking about cause and effect. 

If you find the recipes of the food you can use them as a reading task and even make them - yum!
Anzac biscuits, mornay, minties, steak and salad, pumpkin scones, vegemite sandwich, pavlova and lamington. 





What books are you reading this week?





8 comments:

  1. I love all Mem Fox Books but this one is my all time favourite. There are so many great activities that you can do with this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula,

    What a brilliant idea to use Possum Magic to help teach about Australia Day! I can't believe I've never thought about that before! So glad I read this post before I finished up my planning for this week. :)

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren. You know I have never made that connection either. Whoops!
      Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

      Delete
  3. That's a gorgeous book! What a great idea for Australia Day. This is an awesome link-up. I love reading about fantastic kids books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting Paula. I like that you have moved it to Sunday. As it is Monday night for us now and I'm always on the computer!

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really looking forward to this each week!
    Thank you this is just terrific!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paula! I'm very glad I found your blog. Love picture books! I'm a new follower. :)
    Deb
    Not very fancy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...