Saturday, February 8, 2014

Five for Friday - 7th Feb




Here are my five randoms for this week
 

School is back and Day One we are swimming - it has been so hot. 
Our PE teacher, Chloe has organised it so well, it runs like clockwork.
My grade and another 5/6 combined together to present to our school at assembly a short dance to "wipe out" and what our school values mean at the pool - teamwork, integrity, aspiration, respect and responsibility. 


I was given these gorgeous stickers by Stef from Miss Galvin Learns. 
Last Saturday Stef, Alison (Teaching Maths with Meaning) and Bec (Books, Bugs and Boxes) and I met up and had lunch together. We talked all things blogging and it was lovely.


The new team I am in this year has a coffee club. We take it in turns to bring cappuccinos to work in the morning. A great way to start the day!


This is my new desk - note the coffee table cover. I will have more photos next week of my classroom. 


While we get to know our new group of kids - our team all designed an open ended math problem to solve. We then rotate the task - so our Maths planning has been done for 6 days. We are taking anecdotal notes and recording how they solve problems, work in groups and manage time. 
This task was one of four and they needed to move only three longs to make 4 squares. 

2 comments:

  1. WOW - swimming in PE! Can I move to Australia and work at your school? Of course, that's assuming that I don't need to wear a bathing suit. Having a pool at school - that's amazing - I love it! I love your open-ended math activities. Did you post these? I'd love the directions. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swimming!!!! How fun would that be? I love my coffee too and how nice to do a rotation delivery system.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...