Sunday, February 16, 2014

Storybook Sunday - 16th Feb


Welcome to Storybook Sunday. Each Sunday, link up with me to share a story book you have read or are about to read this week.

Last week I had ten bloggers link up - it is growing each week.

There are not many rules but please abide by them

Post about the storybook you have read or are about to read.
Add the above graphic with a direct link back to Paula's Place
Link up by adding your post link to the link up below.
Your post needs to link back or it may be deleted.

You may choose one book or a few books.
Here is my book for this week.


In the front of my copy - there is a message that talk about why we read books to children.
They get to know the sounds, rhythms and words and make links to how we write. Here is a shortened version of what it says.

Hearing stories helps children learn to read.
They think about feelings.
They think about ideas.
Sharing a book shows we care!

It is a simple book and the pictures help to predict the text.
This book is great for rhyming words - bear/there, run/gun, me/be, tree/be, frown/down.
The size of the text - can be used to teach intonation and expression.
The illustrations and expression on the boy and the bear enable you to discuss emotions.
The ending allows you to make predictions and you could even produce some shared writing and a class book. 
On some of the pages there are split images and the artwork is angular, funny and cute.






10 comments:

  1. It looks like a cute story, perhaps next week I will try to link up with the book we are reading. With so many snow days and delays it has been hard to plan a good read aloud. We still read, but it is more spontaneous.
    Sara
    Frampton's FUNdamentals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula. I tried to order this book, but it was be too new because it's not in any of the libraries. I did order some other books illustrated by Russell Ayto, and those look really adorable - you might be reading about them in your blog some day!
    Tomorrow is President's Day here so we have a long weekend, not bad, heh?
    I looked for some vegemite in the supermarket today but no luck. I probably need to go to a specialty market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Holidays to you! I picked up this book for about $5 - we are often so far behind the USA with new books.

      Delete
  3. This book looks so cute! Thanks for the opportunity to link up! Have a great week. :)
    Deb
    Not very fancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, off to check out your post

      Delete
  4. Hi Paula! Found you through your linky! I just posted for the day but I plan to link up either tomorrow or next week! I am your newest follower! Connection to Australia - my dad used to live in Perth! He is from here (Minnesota, USA) but moved there when I was young. He met his wife there and now they live in San Diego, California! I have been to Perth twice but haven't traveled to other parts of Australia! That is on my life to-do list!

    Kate :)
    McDee's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, I love Perth and was there a long time ago. Make sure you do visit and do some of the things on the life list. Don't put them off

      Delete
  5. Hey Paula!
    Thanks for sharing and hosting this wonderful linky! I love read alouds! I wanted to apologize because I linked up twice but for some reason my link was coming back to your page and not my post. The second one should be fixed. Sorry for any inconvenience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fine Tara, I am just pleased you linked up.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...