Saturday, May 24, 2014

Five for Friday - 23rd May 2014


This was a huge week and I am so glad that it is Friday.
Five for Friday is here so head on over to link up with Kacey
Here are my five randoms for this week


Well - I have made it! Our family has had a huge week, running around for teenagers and picking them up from dances, dinners, sleepovers and going to information nights. 


We have started our OnDemand testing across the school for students who are reading above benchmark 20. 
So if we have a 5 year old reading at that level - they also participate. We teach to point of need and each student is catered for quite specifically.
We do online tests for - Number and Algebra, Measurement and Geometry, Reading, Spelling and Writing (which is Language Inventions).
In our state these are available to us to see what progression point each child can get and assists us in planning and setting new targets. Our school uses the data internally and we produce data walls from these scores. I will blog about them in detail later in the 
week. 

 

In our state we are busy writing reports for parents. So I have bought my assessment folders home to cross check my comments. I need to bunker down and not get distracted by blogging etc....




This booklet is my bible while reporting - it has our standards in it and my go to reference. 
As you can see I had to 'melonheadz' it


My project on the go at the moment is a convict unit - I am making a suitcase of information - stay tuned....
I just hope I can leave it alone until my reports are done!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you have 'Melonheadz' your folders, mine are all so boring, I think I might well be borrowing your idea for next year! Enjoy your weekend and hope you get your reports done (I have that joy in a couple of weeks).

    Butterflying Through Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your folders! As bad as testing and reports are, at least you made them cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...