Friday, July 25, 2014

Five for Friday - 25th June


Here are my five randoms for this week

Week Two of Term Three!

 


Our daughter turned 17 this week and she is the most amazing young lady. She is my travel buddy, my shopping partner and a great person to spend time with. We are so proud of her achievements and we know she will do great things. 

   

Come on winter - be over!

 


We have been working hard on our Maths Inquiry Planners. Our kids are loving this approach to Maths and I think we spent about 9 hours on Maths this week looking at currency conversions, 24 hour time in relation to flight departures and arrivals, accommodation prices, holiday bundles, flight details and budgets for food and attractions. 

 

Some great Aussie bloggers have organised a swap, share, win blog post that will go live this weekend and I can't wait to share the product that I reviewed. 

 

 I went to a National Maths Conference today and got to hear some inspirational speakers and network with other Maths Leaders.  A great opportunity, I will do a much more detailed blog post early next week. 

Have a great week everyone

10 comments:

  1. I was reading your blog post and saw -2 and forgot it's Celcius! ha ha! STILL COLD. :( That's so great you and your daughter are so close!
    Lori
    Mixing it up in Middle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, is our -2 about 20F?

      Delete
  2. Brrrrr -2 is cold! Any snow in Ballarat this winter? My preppies keep telling me it's definitely cold enough to snow, but the coldest it has been at school is about 9 degrees!

    I'm excited to share my swap, share, give blog post too!!

    Jemima
    Luck's Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We gave a bit of snow, it melts as it hits the ground. I am looking forward to reading our blog posts re the swap.

      Delete
  3. So awesome that you got to go to a national math conference. I wish I could attend a national conference! I’m gearing up for a big giveaway on my blog on August 11 - come stop by so you don’t miss it!!
    Sarah
    Beyond The Gradebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. -2!? I don't miss winter right now! Hopefully it warms up soon! :)

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it warms up for us - sadly it cools down for you

      Delete
  5. Warm weather is on the way there! It sure is leaving the US quickly..I bet you learned so much from the math conference! I can't wait for my next PD opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by - great PD is so worthwhile

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...