Saturday, July 18, 2015

Five for Fri - 17th July

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

Here are my five randoms for this week

  

I started these packs during recent school breaks. 
Now that school is back, I only get to work on these on the weekend - so slow progress...
What captivates me about making these are the design aspects that make the pack not only challenging for kids, but engaging to use. 
I used to scrapbook for hours with my photos and take hours with the journal aspect in recording quotes, notes and ideas. 
I would scour Scrapbook shops for hours looking for the right papers, stickers and embellishments. 
We have some great shops for that in our town (but I had even started to search online -  sshhhh) I have a whole cupboard of that stuff in our study...

However, since I started creating digital packs of work I have not scrap booked. I spend much less time on digital creating than I would ever have spent on scrap booking - so what has me hooked? 

Searching for digital papers, digital clip art, fonts galore and the design aspect for this sort of creating. Checking copyright, engaging with other online teachers and actually meeting them. 

Watch this space! Maybe I will finish one this weekend.

 

This one has been in my to do folder for over a year!! 


This one even longer.


  



I have mentioned this before - my two kids and I are off to the USA in November/December and we are finalising our accommodation in New York. Rooms sorted for LA and Las Vegas. As there are three of us, we are after a room that is a bit more than a room - so still searching...can't wait.

 
Working on angles this week . Looking in picture books to measure some angles - our kids loved this



 Then some more formal measuring and recording what types of angle in a Read the Room task. 


 
Then a bit of fun with some contraction caterpillars. 



 

Last night Tony and I went out for a meal and we decided to go to one of the many places in town. We have so many choices here. This photo is quite dark, low lighting and we had a great meal. Now that our kids are older, we get to have a bit more time together.

This coming week we have student interviews for parents on Monday and Tuesday night, I am working on a Maths Curriculum, it is our daughter's 18th on Friday and my parents will be visiting. 
Happy weekend everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great week, with a busy one coming up! Enjoy your weekend!

    Stef
    Miss Galvin Learns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the use of picture story books to find angles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula I agree with retirning to teaching this week - we really won't have much time to do much. I really like the contraction caterpillars, they'd be awesome for ESL students. Are they in your store? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...