Saturday, April 16, 2016

Five for Friday - 15th April

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

Five for Friday is here so head on over to link up with Kacey

Work has been so busy - but lovely busy!

I have missed blogging like I used to, I have forgotten to take photos and I have missed the time to be as reflective.

So here I go with my five randoms for this week.

 

Autumn is here in Australia - I hope we have many blue skies to come.
I just love summer - but Autumn would be my second favourite season.



We started off our new term looking at our Indigenous Australians and what makes their culture so amazing.



On the 25th of April it will be ANZAC Day - so we have started looking at picture story books and discussing their common content.

 



Here is the link (click here) to may pack that contains reading responses that are open ended and fit any ANZAC Day picture story book. 





We are using Words Their Way and have really been getting our word sorts sorted!



Well almost!


My current project is making a Science Word Wall - this will be available in color and black/white. You will be able to display it and then add words to it as you brainstorm with your grade. 


Keep your eye out for it...

2 comments:

  1. The colors on those trees...gorgeous! I used Words Their Way a few years ago and the kids really liked it...and I liked it once it didn't take them 45 minutes to cut the words out, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to scroll up and look at photo number two about five times before I got it.... That is a boomerang!!!! Yay! Better slow than not at all :) Happy Autumn as I slip into Happy Spring. See you around. Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...