Wednesday, December 24, 2014

So grateful for this year

The end of our school year is here! In Australia all states are now officially on summer break for about five weeks. 

It has been such a busy end of the year and we have crammed in so much in that time.

Teaching Year 5/6 at this time of the year is full of end of year work to get our sixes ready for secondary school,

They have graduated and have had a special assembly, made speeches, had a special lunch, had a graduation dinner and rung the school bell for the last time. 

My families spoiled me with thank you gifts and I feel so fortunate to have had their children for a year to work with, teach, watch grow and become the special grade they were. 

So now my big news - at the very end of January I will welcome a grade of Year Three and Four students. Stacey and I will be team teaching in a new team.


I have worked with such a special team this year and not only are we colleagues - but we are friends. 
I have team taught with Fiona and we have laughed, drank copious amounts of coffee, planned, taught, assessed and laughed some more, maybe shared a glass or three! 
I am such a better teacher for having worked with her this year. I love to her to pieces. 

Here is our team enjoying a summer night together. 


This photo is of Fiona, Chloe and I having a celebratory drink at the the end of the year. 
Chloe will be team teaching with Fiona in the new year. 
Lots of changes ahead - but change is good.


 We also farewelled this gentleman - Wayne. He will be on long service leave - to trial retirement. 
We will miss him. 


Happy holidays everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...