So grateful for this year

The end of our school year is here! In Australia all states are now officially on summer break for about five weeks. 

It has been such a busy end of the year and we have crammed in so much in that time.

Teaching Year 5/6 at this time of the year is full of end of year work to get our sixes ready for secondary school,

They have graduated and have had a special assembly, made speeches, had a special lunch, had a graduation dinner and rung the school bell for the last time. 

My families spoiled me with thank you gifts and I feel so fortunate to have had their children for a year to work with, teach, watch grow and become the special grade they were. 

So now my big news - at the very end of January I will welcome a grade of Year Three and Four students. Stacey and I will be team teaching in a new team.


I have worked with such a special team this year and not only are we colleagues - but we are friends. 
I have team taught with Fiona and we have laughed, drank copious amounts of coffee, planned, taught, assessed and laughed some more, maybe shared a glass or three! 
I am such a better teacher for having worked with her this year. I love to her to pieces. 

Here is our team enjoying a summer night together. 


This photo is of Fiona, Chloe and I having a celebratory drink at the the end of the year. 
Chloe will be team teaching with Fiona in the new year. 
Lots of changes ahead - but change is good.


 We also farewelled this gentleman - Wayne. He will be on long service leave - to trial retirement. 
We will miss him. 


Happy holidays everyone. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...