Thursday, December 19, 2013

Last day of school with kids

Today was the last day for our students.
We still have a planning day tomorrow. (I will post about that tomorrow) 

It is always a sad day to say goodbye to a group of kids.
You spend a whole year with them, teach them, extend them, challenge them and love them for who they are. 
In Australia our year ends today and begins 28th January with a new group of kids. 

Our team gives a small gift to each child - to say thanks for a great learning year.

I gave my boys a toy car, little notebook and Christmas pencil. 
I gave my girls a bracelet I bought in Bali, a notebook and pencil with an eraser on the top in the shape of hearts. 



These gorgeous angels I gave to the teachers in my team as well as others I work with. 
I loved them so much - I had to buy some for my own tree at home. 


The weather today was mad!
I got in my car at 4.30 and it was 43 Celsius so in Fahrenheit that is 109.4, by the time I took a screen grab it was 40 Celsius  in Fahrenheit that is still 104!

So my USA blogger followers - think of us and our non white Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for vacations! Hope you have a nice break.

    FYI I’m having a giveaway at my blog for my 32-pg place value book--if there are enough entries everyone will be a winner! Feel free to share about it and enter.

    Lucy Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula, hope your planning day is useful and you are not too weary. Enjoy your holiday break and have a beautiful, cicada noisy, hot, sunny Australian Christmas!
    Julie :-)
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, enjoy your family and friends. I think we both earned this break.

      Delete
  3. I'm envious! How does your school manage to not have kids on the Friday???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We save a curriculum day for the end of the year, many schools in our state do this.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...