Sunday, January 12, 2014

Chinese New Year is almost here

The Chinese New Year is an important celebration for many people. 
It marks the beginning of the New Year Zodiac Calendar and this year is the Year of the Horse. 

Tomorrow I will be posting a freebie on my facebook fan page just for Chinese New Year. This will be a small snippet of the pack below. So make sure you come and visit tomorrow and spread the word!

I have prepared a unit of work aimed at Year 2/3/4. Last year - we had some our Foundation (Prep or K kids) managing work like this.

I have been playing around with Interactive Notebook pages and this pack includes four different types as well as some thinking tools. 

I just love the interactive notebook pages and can't wait to use them. I have made up some models  to show you how they might look- see the photos below. 



There are 72 pages that contain the following tasks

KWHL – record learning , Our Class Word Wall , A poster for Chinese Zodiac Animals, Interactive Journal pages, Fact sheets, Venn Diagram, Can-are/is-have/has, Graphic Organizers 


     


    

   

I have a second unit available also - click here

This unit is for K-2 and has cards for matching animal names to the animals, simple posters that show the traditions and customs. There is a craftivity to make a dragon as well as a graphing task. This makes a great display in a classroom.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Paula. I'm working on a flipchart for Chinese New Year so I'm really excited to have this freebie! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...