Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Stop and smell the roses


I send a massive thank you to all my blog and facebook visitors this past week. You have helped to make my 1 year blogversary very special. I hope you enjoyed downloading your freebies every day for the past week.

In Victoria, Australia we have been on  holidays and I can truthfully say I have gorgeously wasted a few days. Sleep ins and just relaxing at home. Not leaving the house unless I really have to.
I went to drop off my teenage daughter at the movies and when I came back I noticed the first two roses for the year.
This reminded me of a time that feels so long ago, but has gone in a blink -  when I was pregnant with our son - 18+ years ago.
I was going to have a check up with the midwife and noticed some glorious roses outside the hospital.
I stopped and smelt them - they had such a lovely scent.
A woman asked me if I was okay as I was talking to myself.
Well I wasn't talking to myself but to my unborn baby about the roses, taking life as it came and enjoying all the little things.
As I think back - have I taken my own advice? Sometimes......
So when I noticed these roses and my two days of nothing - I thought what the heck I deserve a break.
So tomorrow - life kicks back in with dentist, friends for lunch, coffee, time with my husband (he is a teacher as well) and our teenagers and all that lovely holiday stuff.

10 comments:

  1. Isn't it strange the little things that remind us of days gone by? Have a great break and helping us to think about other places in our world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment Ruth. Our world gets smaller every day
      Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

      Delete
  2. Makes us realise how lucky we are when we stop to smell roses...or notice them. we should do it more often.
    Julie :)
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, here's to enjoying things we sometimes miss because we are busy
      Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

      Delete
  3. Thanks Paula for all the freebies - especially will use the M100W straight away for my word wall - love how they are all in the correct colours. My boy is 18+ as well, left home at the beginning of the year for uni.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like the colour coding. My kids find this easy to locate words, they seem to know that our is a green word - amazing. Our NIc is in Year 12, so next year off to uni.
      Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful story of stopping to smell the roses - We have a few roses out in Echuca at the moment too - they are smelling beautiful!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means that summer is not too far away....
      Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

      Delete
  5. Glad you stopped for a smell. I get so memorised smelling roses, that I have to jolt myself into action sometimes...especially in the mornings before school...loving the hols

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roses - love them and love the holidays too
      Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...