In our team teaching space we work with two of our children every day in a focus group for reading and writing.
These lovely cherubs are working below our current level and are now speaking much clearer, offering ideas and asking questions.
We work with them each day for a few reasons.
- sound and letter connections
- handwriting practise
- and the teacher to work with them often
So this week this group are now
- writing three letter words independently
- recognising many sounds
- repeating and seeing common sight words in texts
- even writing a sentence that has some beginning sounds recorded
We use lots of games and many Reading Recovery strategies to motivate, encourage and get results. We have also used the rhyme 'ants on the apple a-a-a' and some Brain Gym tasks.