Coaching

I would have to say I have the best job in the world. Yes, it is busy, demanding, all consuming - but how many people can say that they love to going to work everyday.

One of the roles I have apart from teaching my prep grade is coaching teachers in our school. Tuesday is my coaching day. While I am coaching, Kate takes our grade for the day and team teaches with Chrissy. On this day I know that my preppies are in great hands as we plan and work as a team.

Last week I had the pleasure of planning and teaching a lesson to one of our Grade 1/2's. The teacher in this grade (Sue) wants to work to support other teachers in our school. So with a new curriculum we are looking, planning and assessing how this might look. I am enjoying the conversations with Sue and together we worked today to deliver her lesson plan.

Planning at point of need is paramount and we had students decide on a challenge for them when counting forward and backward. Some are skip counting by 1's, 2's, 5's and 10's forward or backward from 0 or from a non zero point. The work they were doing was amazing and I can't wait until Friday when Sue and I will review what was intended and then what actually happened and then where to next. ( I did ask Sue for permission to blog about her)

Check out this link for some great Professional Reading
Numeracy in practice: teaching, learning and using ... - Victoria
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...