Meet Poppy

This book is about a girl called Poppy who lives at bird Creek Mission near Echuca. (in Australia)

Poppy lives in a Mission, with her brother, Gus, who has run away to pan for gold.  


It is part of a small collection and has a real human side that has hooked some of my kids,.


The charm bracelet that goes across the top of each book has been a topic of conversation.

I have a charm bracelet so took it to school and shared it with my grade. 
They were fascinated by the stories behind each charm. 
My first charm was an owl that wears a graduation hat and was given to me by my grandparents - both have sadly passed away.

My next charm was a Christmas tree - my first Christmas with my husband. 

Some stories bought a tear to my eye and we had such a great conversation about memories and how we remember things and people.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...