Happy Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day and what a gorgeous day for it! I know there are children all around the world giving handmade gifts and cards that we as teachers have spent an agonising amount of time on.
But you know what, it is worth it. 
 
Like me, I am guessing that as a mum our most treasured moments are those wobbly gifts, handwritten messages and hugs we get with a 'lovely' breakfast in bed.
 
As a mum of two teenage children, I have a box of said gifts and treasure each and every one of them. Later on today my two kids will cook a lunch for all of us, yes a late lunch as they are sleeping in. 
 
We took our 18 year old to Melbourne last night to see a band ( Tony and I dropped him off and went and had dinner), when we picked him up, he said thanks, I got a hug and as it was after midnight a 'happy Mother's Day mum'. 
 
Our daughter was with a friend in Ballarat and texted me at midnight. That's special. 
 
Last weekend I spent some time with my own mum, who was visiting from QLD and will ring her or Skype later today. 
 
So a big HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all mums. 

Photo from Mother's Days' gone by
 A photo of a Mother's Day gone by....
Mother's Day today!

 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...