My coaching day

I coach teachers in Mathematics one day a week. About three years ago I worked for Regional Office through National Partnerships to coach teachers to lift their capacity and improve student outcomes. This was a fantastic experience and one I was very fortunate to be able to do.
Currently I coach one day a week. I love this part of my job as I get to discuss Maths with teachers who work outside my current year level. This group of students are setting new challenges around skip counting backward or forward. Their teacher is working on counting strategies that help them to count and remember large numbers. Using tallies in the playground to help count is hands on, real and engaging. I was in awe of the counting they were doing. They set goals, review them and set new challenges each and everyday. Great job
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...